Thursday, December 3, 2009

Do you try to avoid using drugstore brand cosmetics and hair and skin care products?

Why?.Do you try to avoid using drugstore brand cosmetics and hair and skin care products?
I find other products work better for some things. I buy Bare Minerals products on my face and eyes and use a mineral facial soap, plus department store facial moisturizer, however;





I use Maybelline eye makeup remover for waterproof mascara (cheap but mostly it actually works better for waterproof mascara than either Clinique or Mary Kay). I use drugstore brands of body wash (I actually prefer Clinique, but I go through far too much body wash to buy theirs), body moisturizer (money is the big factor here). I love drugstore lipstick as a rule, usually Revlon, L'Oreal, or Milani--and the reason why is I like their colors, although I do own a couple of Clinique lipsticks.





On the other hand, I use a blonde eyebrow pencil by Mary Kay because it is frankly the only one I can find light enough with the right consistency, but I have used Revlon lip liner for years for the same reason. I go with what works best as a rule. I don't think Revlon is any harsher than Clinique or Estee Lauder when it comes to lipstick. My main consideration is what works well for me and what colors work and if I can save money, so much the better.





I've used shampoo and hair products from the drugstore, like Paul Mitchell (which used to be only at salons) and John Frieda, but really prefer to get mine from the beauty supply or my hair stylist. I was formerly a hair stylist and I really do think they are better. I never found Clinique or department stores shampoos all that good since Pantene left department stores and started to sell junkier stuff at the drugstores. Pantene used to be the Cadillac of shampoos 25-30 years ago and was only sold at the better stores. My hair is thin and fine and I have to use a lot of product so I need all the help I can get.Do you try to avoid using drugstore brand cosmetics and hair and skin care products?
no some are rated higher and have better ingredients than expensive department store items.
yea i try to avoid drugstore brands... they just dont work as well for me usually......
No. You find awesome things in drugstores, like St.Ives products.
SOMETIMES.


TRY HOME REMEDIES
Dear amanda,


There is recent evidence that DEA(diethanolamine) is a potent carcinogen found in many mainstream cosmetics and toiletries. It's a potentially cancer-causing ingredient which is readily absorbed through the skin.


With this in mind, I chose to reconsider all my beauty products hopping habits. So I shop natural. The site is www.ineways.com/givestar
i compare the ingredients. often, the name brands and generic brands are exactly the same, so i buy the generic for half the cost. works just the same

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles