Saturday, November 28, 2009

Anyone else notice this at the MAC COSMETICS counter?

Everytime I go to the counter there is like 5 other customers, the artists come to me like 3 products and like right away ask me why I don't want all 3 or ';what don't you like about it';





Anyone else notice how hard they are pushing products on people? Like a blush, cobture, brush and bunch of crap when I only came there for a 1 SPECIFIC shade?Anyone else notice this at the MAC COSMETICS counter?
heck yeah, yesterday I went in to a MAC store in Harlem for concealer, came out with the new eyeshadow palletes ( which I lOVE, but didn't want)


Then I went downtown to Bloomingdales on 5th ave, and this man convinced me to put my credit card number down for the Holiday brushes that are coming out on the 25th.... I'm like geez calm down they act like MAC is going out of business,,,, no matter how bad the ecomny is, stores that have make-up and clothes and food have nothing to worry about cuz ppl will continue to spend their money there.Anyone else notice this at the MAC COSMETICS counter?
I personally don't use MAC or go to their counters (way too overpriced and hyped up). But that is how they get people to buy their stuff. Everyone is obsessed with MAC these days because they're hooked. Easily lead to believe that those products are the best because they're so expensive and ';celebrities use it.'; Who cares!


Those people are pushy because they have to be otherwise they wouldn't sell.



lol, they do that at every cosmetics counter. And, dohn't be at another counter looking for another brand of makeup, while the sales clerk is gone because some other sales clerk we'll be sure to come over and try and convince you to buy their make-up lol (personal experience).
not really, I live in Los Angeles, CA. The staff there always offer me a makeover and does one eye and lets me do the other eye to get the hang of how to do the makeup myself. At the end, I'm asked what would I like to take home and If I just pick out a powder or eyeshadow, I'm not questioned or anything... maybe it's just where you live
No My my Mac lady used to work at NARS and now shes across the room and nows shes at MAC %26amp; she;s alway trying to get me deal and things lol no one at MAC is like that they are always asking '' do you need help finding anything''?
the girls at the MAC Counter where I live knows that I barely where makeup and knows Im not going to buy any overpriced makeup...we're all good friends. So I dont have that problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles