Saturday, November 28, 2009

Can someone share experiences selling Avon and/or Mary Kay Cosmetics?

I'd like to know how you got started, how you did money wise, and how you found customers.Can someone share experiences selling Avon and/or Mary Kay Cosmetics?
i sold avon for a while til they screwed up an order of mine and still charged me for it which i wouldnt pay cuz my customers we not going to pay for something they didnt want... as for getting started i found an ad in the newspaper i think it costs 10 bucks to start.. you have to buy quite a bit of stuff from books to samples (at least if you want more bussiness) the money was ok if you only want some money to mess with it is not a good way to make a living unless you sell a lot and i do mean a lot and get to a higher level then level one.. its all based on your sales.. you can ask the person who starts you out to give you some ';territory'; which will be a neighborhood or something. plus sell you whom ever you know... mary kay is a little diff. with selling mary kay you can not take another sales persons customers. avon you can... good luck have fun..Can someone share experiences selling Avon and/or Mary Kay Cosmetics?
Well, I've sold both Avon and Mary Kay.. I know, I'm a freaking hypocrite. Both companies are great with support and meeting new lady friends, plus they both sell remarkable mark-up products!





Mark Kay costs ALOT more to get started though, and alot more to stay active. You have to put in a minimum order every so often. With Avon, you only need to put in some kind of order within 3 campaigns.





Mark Kay requires parties... Avon only requires passing out brochures, so its a little less time consuming.





But I think Mary Kay gives you better rewards once you start suceeding.





See which one suits you the best, if you can afford it and have extra time, go for Mary Kay. If you would like a more relaxed company, go with Avon.





Either way, good luck!
I sold AVON for about 2 years!!


I loved it, but now my Full Time job requires me to be there over 40 hours a week, so I don't have extra time to sell anymore.


I still use all AVON products though, I love them.





I got started by answering an ad in a local newspaper, you can also go online (www.avon.com) or call: (1-800-FORAVON) to have a rep come and sign you up.


It only costs $10!!!





I got my customers from all the people I knew at first.


Just dropped some AVON brochures with all my friends and family and co-workers.





The main key is to ALWAYS have an AVON brochure with you, in your purse. I used to drop one whereever I went.


The bank, I would ask the teller if she or he wanted an AVON book, and most of the time they will say yes! When I went to the supermarket, the beauty salon, everywhere I went, I would ask if they would like an AVON brochure.


Eventually, that totally paid off. I am still known as the AVON lady when I go to my local bank and dry cleaners.


I got a HUGE customer base just from doing that.





So - that is a little bit for you. I did ok money wise. I would have done A LOT better if I didn't spend all of my earnings on more products for myself! But, I love AVON products and will always use them.





If I get some more time in the near future, I would sign up as a rep again!





Hope this helps and Good Luck!


Email me with any questions, I will be glad to help!
If you need some inspirational true stories of AVON reps that has make it big...and how AVON became the company of ladoes selling to ladies...then log in @ http://www.geocities.com/lcming/AVON AVON SALES INSPIRATION !
I had a awful experience with Avon. The lady told me she was having a free sign up period. I signed up she gave me the booklets and all that. I put in my order and it never comes to my house. It was left at a someones house that was a drop point for when they can't find your house. The lady was never home and my items were never received. Eventually all my customers canceled there orders and I called my area rep and told them to shove it. They tried to charge me for sign up fee and the items I never got because of them. They lady even lied and said I made up the thing about free sign up and i had the freakin flier she handed out!!!! I had to write tons of letters to main headquarters to get them off my back.





I won't even buy there products they made me so mad.
well i sold avon for about 69 years and I loved it!!!!!! They are a great company and they have great products! I greatly reccommend avon because of the great product and the people that u work with they are amazing and i have had experience so go with my advice! AVON!!!!!! all the way


:))))))
I sold Mary Kay. Honestly, it gave you a lot of training, a lot of good support. Unfortunately, I'm not the type of person who can run her own business (not everyone can!).


Getting started, you usually have an open house. Just invite all the women you know, to let them know about your new business. One thing I will tell you is starting with inventory makes a HUGE difference!!! It really helps when you can just grab it off the shelf and give it to your customer. They're more likely to buy, also.


Finding customers can be difficult for some people. I will say, for Mary Kay, anyways, always be prepared. Dress nicely, wear your ';face';(skin care and makeup), and make sure you wear your Mary Kay pin. It does make a difference! Start with the people you know (who come to your open house, or others). Then it's a matter of referrals. Always get referrals from the skin care classes you do. If you see a sharp-looking lady in the store, approach her, give her a complement, and offer her a chance to feel good. Give her your card. In most cases, she will be gracious. Also, be sure to get her contact information. Then you're not waiting for her to call, you can call her. (This makes a big difference.) When you go through a checkout line, give the cashier (and courtesy clerk) a sample, and tell her it's a thank you. Make sure you have your card attached, or a label or something.


The MOST important thing I can say is be sure to use your upline. They've been through it before, they started where you are now. Don't be afraid to ask questions, or ask for help. They are all there for you, and in most cases, it doesn't even matter if you are under them or not. Consultants and directors, even national sales directors adopt other consultants all the time, it's all a part of the culture of Mary Kay.


Good luck!
I love it!





I've moved so far three times, and I've always found an adoptive unit and women to support me no matter what city I end up in. I've learned how to run my own business, how to do my own taxes, how to make a goal poster and get the things I really want in life.





And, I've made a whole lot of money in the process.


Who else can say they get to have parties, be a hostess, dress up pretty and make cute gift baskets and make a lot of money? I t's my dream.





I'd be happy to share my experience with you, right now my recruiter has challenged me to find 5 women who would like to do a 20 minute phone interview with us. Anyone who participates gets entered into a drawing for a free faux fur coat, and also gets $20 free makeup from me as a Thank you. Let me know if you're interested- it doesnt hurt to learn and it will help me practice!





-Rebecca


rosepetals220@yahoo.com
I was a terrible Mary Kay lady -- I think I sold one lipstick in the three months I did it. I just didn't have the heart to pressure my poor college friends into buying a bunch of expensive make-up. Negative thinking did me in -- I'm sure some of them could have afforded Mary Kay because they were buying Lancome and Clinique.





HOWEVER, I learned so much stuff from going to the meetings, and trying to sell, that I have never regretted it. I learned how to use make-up, I learned about building self-confidence, how to set goals and how to work toward them, and tricks for dealing with people. Those lessons may not have worked with my Mary Kay career, but they were invaluable in my future jobs.





Plus, I was really happy to get the cosmetics at a discount. My director was so kind, and let me hang on for ages even after I moved out of the country.





I'd say, go for it. I was a poor college student, and couldn't really afford it, but am so glad I did it! And *you* might be very successful! Just go to the meetings, think positively, and keep trying by meeting and talking to a lot of people about Mary Kay! Good luck!
I have been selling Mary Kay now for 4 years. It is real easy to get started all you need is $100 plus tax and shipping and you have enough products to give 30 women facials. The best way to keep track of your money for Mary Kay is to have a separate account and have the checks and bank card not in your purse but with your Mary Kay stuff. The best way to find customers is through referrals. Ask all of family, friends, neighbors, everyone if they would like a free Mary Kay facial. The best thing about Mary Kay is you make 50% profit. It you sell a $10 lipstick you make $5. Just click the link below to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles