Saturday, November 28, 2009

What are the ingredients that make high-end cosmetics better/more effective than cheap cosmetics?

Thanks!What are the ingredients that make high-end cosmetics better/more effective than cheap cosmetics?
Many of them are made from expensive ingredients such as crushed pearls, caviar and exotic antioxidants extracted from rare plants like the Chilean evergreen tree.





Other popular components are anti-oxidants like grape seed extract, alpha lipoic acid, chamomile oils and green tea 鈥?protectants that are said to reduce skin damage from free radicals. Among the most important ingredients are customized cell messenger proteins such as peptides and epidermal growth factor that stimulate cell growth.What are the ingredients that make high-end cosmetics better/more effective than cheap cosmetics?
It depends. I was told ALL make-up pencils are actually made by the same company!


I don't think Lancome or Este' Lauder is really anymore effective than something cheaper. My sister uses both and her make-up and skin are not any better than mine (actually I have less wrinkles- we are 1 yr apart)


I have a favorite foundation that was the best ever (from John Robert Powers). I paid $100.00 for a couple Mary Kay products and it made my face so greasy, no matter what I switched to! I have found that $16.00 foundation, $10.00 lipsticks and $20.00 lotions are fine- I have great skin too, and I'm 42, look at my picture close-up.
There really isn't a real difference from products at the department store and at the drug store. You pay more for the brand name, packaging and marketing.





There may be different ingredients that seem fancy (green tea, olive oil, etc) but you basically get the same result. I use Revlon and Maybelline; I found that some of their stuff is much better than the expensive.
I use Dermacia and its about $50 a BOTTLE. It really is worth it though and the ingredient is lycogel... no store brand cosmetics have it. But i do think that lancome is kindof a ripoff because loreal is the same thing... I dont think theres any real ';special ingredient';

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles